Friday, September 14, 2007

It’s All McNamee, Me, Me With Him

It’s an oldie but a goodie – we really couldn’t resist this snippet from an interview the Belfast Telegraph conducted with Eoin McNamee (right) a couple of weeks back, to wit:
Q: Are you quite a dark person and difficult to live with when you’re writing?
A: “I draw things very close to me when I write and often emerge blinking into the sunlight. I don’t think I’m difficult to live with but I’ve been told I get quite intense. I remember noticing my six-year-old crawling past the table where I was working, with his leg bent oddly and pushing one foot. When I asked him what he was doing he said he was playing at being a piece of rubbish so he wouldn’t disturb me. I think I took the next month off after that.”
Seriously – we still don’t know whether to laugh or cry …

No comments:

Post a Comment

Declan Burke has published a number of novels, the most recent of which is ABSOLUTE ZERO COOL. As a journalist and critic, he writes and broadcasts on books and film for a variety of media outlets, including the Irish Times, RTE, the Irish Examiner and the Sunday Independent. He has an unfortunate habit of speaking about himself in the third person. All views expressed here are his own and are very likely to be contrary.